Checklist for coaches and team managers
All coaches are required to be compliant prior to the commencement of the season. The SBA will conduct random checking of Coach and/or Assistant coach accreditations during the season to ensure that mandatory compliance requirements are maintained. If a coach or an assistant coach is deemed to not be compliant, then that team’s current domestic season points will be reset to zero at that point.
An exemption can be requested for the Community Coaching Course-Level 0 only, however evidence is required that the next available course has been booked by the individual.
MANDATORY COMPLIANCE REQUIREMENTS
1. Register on PlayHQ (all coaches and team managers of U8-U18 teams)
2. Enter your Working With Children Check Number (WWCC) in PlayHq when you register (renew every 5 years) (all coaches and team managers of U8-U18 teams)
(VIT - If you are registered as a teacher with the Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT), you are exempt from the WWC Check, unless you have been given a Negative Notice. However you must still notify Services Victoria of your engagement with Mentone Mustangs by completing the Teacher notification (External link) form.
3. Complete the community coaching course and acknowledge your certification in PlayHq when you register (once only), if completing the course after you register then please send a copy of your certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org. ( coaches of U8-U18 teams)
4. Complete these two online courses through 'Play by the Rules' and email a copy of your certificate of completion to email@example.com
Child Protection online course (once only)
Harassment and Discrimination online course (once only)
5. Member Protection Declaration, Email to firstname.lastname@example.org. (renew every 2.5 years)
MENTONE MUSTANGS COACHING REQUIREMENTS
1. Coaches polo shirt - free (all coaches)
2. Apply for your coaches reimbursement here (all coaches)
Mailing address for WWCC: Mentone Mustangs, c/o SBA, 150 Tulip St, Cheltenham 3192